12 February 2011

Whose Your Best Friend?



I've heard and read all types of information regarding who your best friend is lately.  I guess, since St. Valentine's Day is next week, this has prompted the speculation. 
I'm my best friend or at least this is the concept I'm working on.  I can also say that Tall, Dark and Handsome is my best friend.  Zack and Conner Thor are my best friends too. 
I need to be my own best friend first.  I cannot depend upon anything outside of myself to make me happy, complete, satisfied, etc...If I do that, then I lose control over myself and who wants to do that.  Who wants to relinquish control of themselves to anything or anyone outside of themselves?  If you look around, just about everybody does. 
Humans want to "feel good" first and foremost.  So many humans base "feeling good" on external circumstances that are beyond their control.  I too am guilty of it.  It takes discipline of the mind to get your control back, but most want to take the path of least resistance because it is easier.  Let someone else to me what to do, how to act, how to look, etc...it is easier that way.  What a load of crap! 
I'm beginning the book "Choose Peace and Happiness" on Sunday.  Since it is an anual program, I'm doing week 7 which next week is week 7 of 2011 and week 1 together.  I'm doing two weeks worth of studying and exercises till I catch up.  Next year, I'll begin this book on January 1st just like the Abraham workbook that I'm currently working on daily as well.  So far the Abraham workbook has been a real "eye opener".  I began it on my birthday (August 2010) and it runs for a year as well.  For those that relish weekends,  todays photo is a memory of one of my favorite childhood cartoons, The Banana Splits.  They were popular on Saturday mornings in the late 1960's or early 1970's.  Have a peaceful weekend!